Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oklahoma Option for Ethanol Free Gas - anywhere else?
Tom_T
post Nov 5 2015, 03:02 PM
Post #1

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Edited title, since folks may not equate the original postal shortcut of OK for Oklahoma.

After not being there since last year (2014) due to other business & family matters, I recently was in the Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Locust Grove, Tahlequah, Sallisaw, Roland & the general Northeast OK area 3x in Sept & Oct. & noticed something new (to me) with their gas stations.

That is - all of the stations have dropped their mid-range octane gas option, in favor of an Alcohol-Free (Ethanol-free) option with is about 30-50 cents more than their Ethanol-Regular (not sure if the Octane ratings are equal for Regular with & without).

That seems a great option for both our 914s & other classic cars, as well as for new cars - in order to avoid all the negative effects of the ethanol in fuel. (I was in a rental car on all trips, so didn't matter for me.)

When did OK make this change?
... & is it statewide & for all stations, or just optional &/or in certain areas? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Also, are any other states or localities doing this? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
Tom
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 11:20 AM