Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Haltech is alive!!!!, Whos needs tech support????
Mueller
post Jun 11 2003, 09:41 PM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Background:

Brad gave me a Haltech E6 engine managment system to use on my /4 turbo motor. The E6 is like 10 years old and has been superceded by at least 6 different iterations. I found a wiring diagram for it on-line which has been both helpful and a hinderance since it is not 100% correct.

Finally with my volt/ohm meter I retraced the wires and the pinouts to verify what was what. I found out that one of the PO's (not Brad) of the E6 re-wired the Power On relay and switched pin 30 with pin 86 (standard 4 pin relay)

So now the E6 communicates with my laptop (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)

This unit will drive the injectors and the ignition (single 12v square wave output so I have to use the dizzy)...for such and old unit, it has features the newer units have which is nice (Trim for injectors and ignition advace/retard, Idle Speed Motor plus a few other analog/digital inputs/outputs)

Pictures and updates once it starts to get wired to the motor....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Mueller   The Haltech is alive!!!!   Jun 11 2003, 09:41 PM
Brad Roberts   So.. they where controlling ground to turn it off ...   Jun 11 2003, 09:47 PM
Mueller   That is what I was thinking as well...who knows, t...   Jun 11 2003, 09:56 PM
Brad Roberts   Bob Norwood. He is/was Turbo king in my book. Sa...   Jun 11 2003, 09:57 PM
Blair_RacerBoy   cool! i wasnt aware that really old versions o...   Jun 11 2003, 11:13 PM
Brad Roberts   Stick with us "Kid".. we will get you AND your dad...   Jun 12 2003, 01:16 AM
Mark Henry  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 04:36 PM