Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Though she was dead..... Yet she is alive....
Bulldog9
post Jan 24 2016, 03:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,283
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

While trying to track down a lean condition and adjust the acc pump, I also decided to check the timing. I think in doing so somehow I shorted out the pertronix ignition. While setting the timing, I noticed the timing flash became erratic, the engine started to stumble, wouldn't run at idle.

Would a bad acc pump setting (Dellorto DRLA)keep the car from starting and running? I wouldn't think so, I just set it (turned in) for a bigger squirt because at medium or high rpms, when coming off throttle and then LIGHT back on, the engine would go very lean unless I got deeper in the throttle. My goal was to give a bit more squirt so light throttle gave more gas.

Still need to verify it is the ign nodule. All connections are solid, and the spark was erratic before it died. Id definately not fuel related, at least a supply.

Is a pertronix Billet Plug and Play Distributor with an ignitor II, I'm thinking something I did hooking p the timing light shorted the module out. Before this it was solid as a rock and running strong except for the slight lean condition. Just cranks and cranks not even a kick.

Any ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 10:30 AM