Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bilstein Struts, Good or Bad condition
Gearup
post May 14 2016, 06:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,660
Region Association: None

Gents,
I received my ground control coilovers today and am about to paint (currently down to bare metal) Bilstein shocks that were on the car when I purchased it. I am trying to save some money on my build but I do not want to put a part back on my car that will detract to the many hundreds of $$ on new parts I have purchased. One of the shocks springsmfrom fully compressed to decompressed (top) consistently quicker than the other. One is 3.7 seconds to do this and the other averages 4.5 seconds. Is this significant. They have been sitting on my work bench and the first time I compressed one it stayed down and didn't decompressed. After a couple compressions it started to spring back,regularly like the other. I just want to know what's going on before I paint, assemble, and then install the schocks and coilovers. Any insight is much appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 09:46 AM