Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bad (no ) Idle when hot, Any suggestions ?
dralf
post Apr 11 2005, 06:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,597

Nice Day in Ohio yesterday so I took the teener which is now drivable out for a spin. I run up and down a few country roads and warmed the engine up. I noticed I was almost out of gas so I drove into town to get some. Did not fill it all the way up for my wallet was limited. I was nervous about whether the car would start after fueling but it did. Big smile on my face but then at the next stop light it stalled. It then just cranked and cranked and after a minute it fired up. Got it home and I see that the problem is that it will idle rough with low RPMs when hot and eventually dies !

My question is how do I adjust the idle faster when it is hot, or is this a symptom of something else ? I have a 75 with a 2.0 FI, but from the looks of it, the PO has modified some of the components. Unfortunately I will be traveling the next 3 weeks and can’t work on it but would appreciate any advice from the experts, or at least some places to start looking when I get back into town. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/huh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 10:37 AM