Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> why don't it start?, 3.2 ran fine before and now won't
worn
post Jul 28 2016, 11:06 AM
Post #1

can't remember

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hi folks. I have the 3.2 installed and have run it a few times. Including a few days ago. Sounded fine. A bit oily, but it has not been exercised. Now the best it will do is run way up at about the tenth try. With the gas pedal down you can keep it running for a minute or so at about 3 grand. In fact I was almost getting it to smooth running - and then it quit and would not restart. I have had a few of the high rev successes, with the motor seeming to be running on the throttle signal. No idle and then it stops. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

OK it has an ecu but no error codes, and the ecu controls spark and fuel. I can hear the fuel pump running when the engine spins. I feel pretty helpless with nothing to tweak. I can go after fuel and spark, but if it isn't something like a coil, what do I do? I remember Wayne at the Bird complaining about fault finding with these motors, but I also thought they were pretty reliable. What changed? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Helppp...
again. Thanks folks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 03:46 AM