Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel Lines, Where do I get them?
jarbuthnot
post Apr 13 2005, 04:00 PM
Post #1

Senior Woman Driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,065

While the car was in the parked this winter, the garage smelled of gas. Now that I've driven it again, there is a slight smell inside, but much stronger outside the car. My mechanic has taken the gas tank out and said the fuel lines to it seem ok, but he can't easily check the ones that go through "the tunnel" (his words). The feed and return lines are currently clear plastic.

Should I just replace them? If so, with what? While the tank is out, he can attach new lines to the old ones and pull the new ones through. (again his words). Where do I buy gas lines? What kind should I get? He has 'steel tubing' he could use, but should it be something different?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jarbuthnot   Fuel Lines   Apr 13 2005, 04:00 PM
v82go   Steel tubing will work fine. I used steel brake l...   Apr 13 2005, 04:09 PM
Grimstead   Try here.... Replacement 914 fuel lines   Apr 13 2005, 04:09 PM
Travis Neff   I hear that you can also get replacement lines fro...   Apr 13 2005, 05:01 PM
jarbuthnot  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:14 AM