Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jarbuthnot
While the car was in the parked this winter, the garage smelled of gas. Now that I've driven it again, there is a slight smell inside, but much stronger outside the car. My mechanic has taken the gas tank out and said the fuel lines to it seem ok, but he can't easily check the ones that go through "the tunnel" (his words). The feed and return lines are currently clear plastic.

Should I just replace them? If so, with what? While the tank is out, he can attach new lines to the old ones and pull the new ones through. (again his words). Where do I buy gas lines? What kind should I get? He has 'steel tubing' he could use, but should it be something different?
v82go
Steel tubing will work fine. I used steel brake line when I did mine (no problems)

Bob
Grimstead
Try here....
Replacement 914 fuel lines
TravisNeff
I hear that you can also get replacement lines from your local dealer. They've worked for the past 30 years.. That said, my last replacement was with steel brake line - I'll have to replace the orignals on the new car pretty soon, I may just get the plastic lines - unless they are horribly expensive. If so, I'll do steel for CSOBSC spite.
jarbuthnot
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Apr 13 2005, 07:01 PM)
I hear that you can also get replacement lines from your local dealer.

Unfortunately, my local dealer is four hours away sad.gif . So, I'll tell my mechanic to go with the steel tubes he already has.

Thanks for the advice. You guys are great as always smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.