Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel leak from fuel line going through tunnel
22truckie
post Aug 19 2016, 01:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,138
Region Association: None

Ok. Here is my problem. The main fuel supply plastic line that comes from the fuel tank under the car and through the tunnel is slowly leaking/ more like seeping fuel from where it comes out of the tunnel through a small rubber donut plug ( it is next to a metal funnel piece that I believe the clutch hose goes through (?). Anyway there is another fuel hose right next to it ( the return line ?). That one is fine. Both have a substantially sharp bend in them as they come out of the rubber grommet at the very bottom of the fire wall under the car. The first Jose I describe ( the one right next to the metal funnel is leaking right at the sharp bend. I am assuming the leak is at the very sharp bend in the line as it exits the tunnel. My question is this: Can I pull on the plastic line as it comes out of the tunnel to expose the leak at the bend and splice in high pressure rubber hose with clamps to fix the leak? I assume the other end of this line is in the fuel tank area. Is there enough slack in the system on the other side to pull some through to accomplish this? Thoughts? Ideas??? Thanks guys!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 04:28 PM