Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dansk sport muffler & AA boomerang, Got 'em to work and result is sweet
campbellcj
post Jun 23 2003, 09:25 PM
Post #1

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

It took a bit of tugging, pushing, and swearing, but I finally got the Dansk SS 2-in/2-out sport muffler and AA repro bracket on the car Saturday. The tweaking to get things lined up does not suprise me since the car has not had a stock muffler and hanger on it in years...and since then the whole thing has been rebuilt as a four and then later converted to a six...so engine, trans, mounts for both, headers, etc. are all "new" and still getting aquainted.

Anyways...the muffler seems to perform and sound in a fashion that matches its very steep price tag. The car pulls WAY smoother and "friendlier" thru the powerband than with the megaphones. I know a lot of this is related to the non-optimized carb jetting, but I'm gonna start the next track event with the muffler installed and see how it goes. With the straight pipes, dipping below 4K rpm's is death. With the muffler, the car seems to pull just about as hard all the way up, but is tractable from idle up to 7K without bogging. Nice.

For any -6 guys thinking about these "center outlet" style sport mufflers, I will reiterate that they are L O U D! (Which I knew from prior experience and am fine with...) I cringed when I passed pedestrians or especially cops. As long as you let out of the gas momentarily it's not a problem. But the sound level with the Webers + ITG's & headers + gutted muffler screaming at >4K rpm's is quite substantial. Earplugs would not be a crazy idea.

The awesome thing is that it's a very "high quality sound". There are few car experiences that compare to an early S spec engine sucking and exhaling mass quantities of air right behind your head....woohoo...damn, I love this car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 01:33 PM