Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine Rebuilder in South West Ohio, 914-6 finally moving forward.
914forme
post Oct 8 2016, 02:10 PM
Post #1

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

Two part question:

So I need an excellent 911 - 914-6 engine rebuilder in South West Ohio. Dayton, Cincinnati, and Columbus. The guy I would have trusted died a few years back. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Next what should be done to make this a reliable engine with out hurting the value of a 1970 914-6 in almost completely original condition? Oil feed chain tensioners? Revised internals to bring it up to snuff. Turbo valve covers with clearances fins. What else should I look at for this engine. Does not need to be a huge engine. We have my 914 if we need to go fast. But I would like for it to be a rewarding to drive.

Plan on keeping it close to stock as possible, some period correct parts hot rod parts might be added out of my parts bin. Fake widened Mahles or 6.5" Minilites, H&H swaybar, and rebuilt vintage Konis. I would also like to do a side shifter trans, with a LSD. and keep the original parts just incase in my old days I want to put it back to original. Or somebody offers me an insane amount of money. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 05:31 PM