Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Took the Chalon out for a little cruise today, Smooth strong power and oops!!
skline
post Apr 19 2005, 05:38 PM
Post #1

Born to Drive

Group: Members
Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

Took the Chalon out with Markydoo today. He came by at just the right time. I was finishing it up and took it down off the jackstands and took it for a spin to heat it up. Well, it didnt over heat. It ran very good actually. Had really good acceleration and it was really smooth. It takes about 3 or 4 pumps of the brakes to get them to work though. On the last little run up the street, I wanted to hear the 4 barrel kick in. Took off slow and then hit it, Wow, went to shift and the shifter broke in the rear so it was stuck in second gear. Now I just need to get my welder back from Joe so I can weld that up. However, it wont be making the trip up for the WCC. Got the car up to around 60 in a heart beat and then it started shaking from the front end. I have not taken it in for an alignment. Its way off. Money is a major issue right now so the car of choice this year will be the little stock 2 liter car in primer. So I am not touching the Chalon again till after the WCC, all the focus is on the stock car. See you all in a few days. Maybe Mark will chime in on what he thought about the ride. He is the first to ever ride in it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
skline   Took the Chalon out for a little cruise today   Apr 19 2005, 05:38 PM
MattR   Was the shaking that strut bolt issue? Did you ge...   Apr 19 2005, 06:30 PM
Aaron Cox   you da man now dawg....... where did the shifter ...   Apr 19 2005, 08:18 PM
!   I had a shift coupler break in Frank....first frea...   Apr 19 2005, 08:36 PM
Markeydoo   Scott Thanks for the ride. That V8 purred like a k...   Apr 19 2005, 08:51 PM
neo914-6     Apr 19 2005, 08:54 PM
skline   Its an easy fix but there are just too many other ...   Apr 19 2005, 09:15 PM
dan10101   Bummer, I wanted to see that beast. Besides, i...   Apr 19 2005, 09:33 PM
Brando   Damn Scott, sorry to hear about the shalon's n...   Apr 20 2005, 02:02 AM
JmuRiz     Apr 20 2005, 09:45 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 02:37 AM