Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> More questions from a new guy
jarclay
post Apr 21 2005, 06:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,694
Region Association: None

Just another new guy with alot of questions. But first many thanks again for all the replys I got on my last post when my wet car would'nt start. O.K. here they are.
1. Do cars that did'nt come with fog lights have the brakets to mount them behind the grills?
2. My 73 came with a short console for a/c, the vinyl on the sides has torn and the what I would call electro stitching is letting go on the other parts of the console.
Does anybody recover these?
3. Will the distrb. and ecu for a 71 1.7 work on my 73 2.0.?
4. My seats are black with cloth inserts, they need to be recovered. Are leather seat covers avail. or would they have to custom made. From my catalogs I see upholstry runs about $225.00 a seat for the reg. vinyl.
5. Do I need to install the copper looking bellows therm. on the car in a mild climate like Dallas?
6. My car came with fac. front and rear sway bars but the rear has had the end links removed. I have heard even the race cars don't use the rear bars ?? comments???
7. I'm an old vette guy and have saratoga tops on my cars in the past. I remember a top for 914's in the catalog are they ever seen used and and if so are they astronomical???
Fingers getting tired, all I can think of for now. Thanks for the Help....
James B.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jarclay   More questions from a new guy   Apr 21 2005, 06:50 PM
Bleyseng   1. If it didn't come with fog lites the bracke...   Apr 21 2005, 07:05 PM
Dave_Darling   <...   Apr 21 2005, 07:07 PM
jr91472   I'll answer what I can: 4. I found a guy up ...   Apr 21 2005, 07:15 PM
Bleyseng   73 1.7 and 2.0L ECU's are the same..... as in...   Apr 21 2005, 08:11 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:12 PM