Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Another front ride height question
chris914
post Apr 25 2005, 05:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,393
Region Association: Southern California

I have a question about the front height on my car. I took my car to a recommended alignment shop to have an alignment. I told them I was autocrossing the car and could they set it up to be more aggressive. They do work on sport cars and do work on 914's. The car steers much better straight but the height in the front is 5-7/8" and 5-1/2" in the back at the donuts.

1.) In the front there is 2" between the fender lip and the tire (50 series Kumo's). There are sport Bilsteins front and back and 140lb springs in the back. It doesn't even seem right even for a stock alignment.

2.) Even after reading all the posts, As it sits now there doesn't seem to much clearance between the control arms and the body. Are the control arms suppose to be level with the ground? If I lowered the car they would look like they would hit the body.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
chris914   Another front ride height question   Apr 25 2005, 05:27 PM
chris914   Also what is the stock height?   Apr 26 2005, 11:38 AM
Rough_Rider   Set your ride height before having the alignment d...   Apr 26 2005, 03:00 PM
chris914   <...   Apr 26 2005, 08:14 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 08:27 PM