Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How can I repair dents in header pipes?
tornik550
post Dec 17 2016, 07:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,486
Region Association: None

I have a backup set of /6 headers that have some dents. The dents are on the curved areas. I am sure that air flow would be reduced with these dents. On one of the dents, I drillled a small hole on the opposite side, heated the pipes, stuck a small solid metal rod through the hole and tried to pound out the dent. I was able to remove the debt however the area is now fairly rippled. I don't think I can flatten it would more without making a bigger hole which would be much more difficult to weld shut.

The ripples are not horrible however you can definitely see them. Should I just leave the ripples or is there some other way to fix the issues? If it were on a straight pipe, it would be easy to weld a new pipe in its place however not easy on the curves.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 10:11 PM