Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> shifter blues!, grinding!!!
frankieshooz
post Jan 2 2017, 12:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,945
Region Association: Northern California

OK...I know this topic has been explored, written about, pondered on etc...but I still really have not found a definitive answer.... SO if any of you genius' out there have a better answer or SOLUTION please expound..
As we all know, in stock form our little cars are unique, fun and fantastic driving machines...they are also (unfortunately) SHIFTING NIGHTMARES!!!! This car is so close to perfect until you get to the transmission/driveline. What is up with that?
I can no longer shift my car into first or reverse while the car is running. I have to literally turn off ignition, put the car into gear, and then start her back up again to get going. Fine when I'm on the highway not so good in town when I come to a stop. SOOOO what gives?!!
bushings? clutch tube? synchros? sliders? clutch? This is driving (and not smoothly) me nuts. Why has no one figured out how to mate (Blasphemy?) a Miata (or the like) transmission to our fine little air cooled gem...do any one of the aftermarket products actually work (looking at shift linkage kit from Tangerine Racing) is the stock transmission worth saving? keeping? or even fixable? Help......looking at my car is no longer enough I want to drive through the canyons shifting smoothly, wind blowing thru my receding hairline, with a hot blonde (my dog) enjoying a Sunday drive together, instead my right bicep getting a workout...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 08:46 PM