Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ordering CoA?
JoeD
post Jan 20 2017, 11:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,973
Region Association: South East States

Curious - anyone ordered a Certificate of Authenticity lately?

I am finally getting around to doing so, but on the latest form from Porsche NA it states in bold letters: "For 1979 or older models, engine number must be provided in order to produce your Certificate of Authenticity". Further down the form it reiterates that engine number is mandatory for pre-1979 cars. I have a copy of the previous CoA request form (maybe a year old) and it does not ask for engine number.

I know my car does not have the original engine. It was a 2.0 and I have documentation from the early 80s of a 1.7 transplant and the current engine number is confirms that it is an earlier 1.7 case ("W" engine). No idea how to find the original engine #, so curious if anyone has tried to get a CoA without knowing engine #...?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 06:45 PM