Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Throttle Pedal Bracket bent !!, stuck pedal, no rev limiter..
9144me
post May 4 2005, 12:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,550

The title basically says it all.

I picked up my car yesterday and trailered it home. When I first played with the car i pulled on the pedal because I thought it didn't return fully. Anyhow the linkage popped off because it doesn't allowmovement in the reverse direction unlike most cars. So I popped it back on and all seemed ok, even though I didn't start the car.

When I brought the car home i noticed the bracket is bent to the right and the ball joints don't line up. So I bent it back to the left and hooked the two linkages (one for the pedal and one going through the tunnel).

Took the car for a noisy drive around the neighborhood and floored it. The bracket bent to the right again and got stuck under a piece of sheet metal or something. No rev limiter so i cut the engine as soon as possible. The engine is ok, drove ok afterwards.

Any someone post pictures of how this is supposed to be aligned? Do I have to replace the pedal cluster?

PLEASE HELP! Thanks! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 10:19 AM