Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel pump options, using the Bosch 69133 pump
arne
post Apr 3 2017, 10:07 AM
Post #1

Serial Rescuer of old vehicles...

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,799
Region Association: None

So yesterday I confirmed my suspicion that the entire fuel delivery system in my '73 2.0 needs replaced. (See Yellow storage unit find)

No surprise there, I expected most of this. My budget/plan has included stainless lines and associated parts from the start. The fuel pump itself was a bit unexpected, but only a little.

I've begun my planning, getting ready to order parts. Will probably just order the entire FI line package from Tangerine, lines, hoses, clamps and all.

But I do have some questions about the replacement pump itself that I haven't been able to pin down searching other threads here. So here goes:
  1. My neighbor works at a local Bosch jobber, so I get great prices. I'm planning to convert to a later style 2 port pump. Should I use a late 914 pump, or is there some other pump that I should consider? I saw some references in other threads about a Volvo pump, but no details. Any fitment or part number info on alternatives would be welcome.
  2. Relocating - The current pump is still in the stock location, and since the car was sold here in Western Oregon new, has not had vapor lock issues. But I plan to relocate it anyway. Given that vapor lock is not a big concern here in this mild climate, where is the easiest place to put the new pump? I'm not keen on moving is all the way up front if that isn't necessary as I don't like to string wiring that far if a different spot would serve me as well.
  3. If I relocate to the firewall as a simpler option, can someone give me (as a total 914 noob) a better description as to where on the firewall people typically put it?
  4. Lastly, if I mount the new pump on the firewall, I'm guessing I need to order the line kit for stock location, not for relocate to the front? (I suppose I can call Tangerine before I order to clear that up.)
Have I missed anything regarding this total replacement?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 12:12 PM