Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How to stop replacement flasher relays from buzzing with handbrake on, Couldn't find a replacement relay that didn't buzz from handbrake light on
oakdalecurtis
post Apr 7 2017, 04:25 AM
Post #1

Oakdalecurtis

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,802
Region Association: Central California

76 2.0. My original turn signal relay recently stopped working. I purchased several aftermarket turn signal relays, and they all buzzed when the handbrake dash light went on. I tried a recommended fix of putting a resistor in parallel with the dash light. That had no effect, the relay still buzzed with the handbrake light on. Finally I just disconnected the positive hot lead wire going to the dash handbrake light from the flasher relay. The wire should be black with green and white stripes. Then I attached a full time positive hot lead from the relay board to that same now open terminal on the dash handbrake light. The red dash light goes on with the handbrake up, and the flasher relay is bypassed so there's no more buzzing. It makes no difference to me that the red dash light doesn't flash. I hated the flasher/signal relay buzzing and the dash light serves it's purpose when it's lit up, whether it's flashing or not. You can't possibly miss the red light when it's on and drive around with your handbrake up.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 10:24 PM