Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Alignment question, how screwed am I?
mzalanka
post Jul 28 2017, 11:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,300
Region Association: None

Took my car in for a 4-wheel alignment today. Very excited as it was to be the last step in my 6 year rustoration journey.

Got a call from the shop that they can't align the rear right. Problem is that they can't get less than 1/2 inch toe out on that wheel. They want to get it to -1/8 to +1/8.

Of course, the right rear is where I replaced the inner/outer longs and entire wheelhouse. I used a jig (welded up with the driver's side consoles) to get the inner/outer suspension consoles correctly aligned and I thought I had it fairly dialed in - like within 2mm - but I guess I was wrong. Beginner's luck. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

They are reluctant to do the alignment saying it's going to pull right no matter what. The shop can't see any way to resolve it short of recutting the consoles (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) or at least ovaling the inner console hole to move it forward backward. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) We went through all the other options including drilling out the three outboard pickup holes some more and they are saying it isn't going to fix it.

Posting the pic from 2013 after I had welded up the console to demonstrate where it sits.

They can get the other three wheels OK and they can get the R side camber correct.

Do I tell the shop to dial it in even with that much toe out? Am I going to be I live with this or is it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) time again?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 09:20 PM