Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Front fender to Cowl Joint
DennisO
post Aug 4 2017, 09:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,162
Region Association: South East States

Hi All,

I'm new to the 914 world. I've played with 356s and 911s for years, but never had a 914. I've always liked the 914, as friends had them when I was in high school. I recently bought a '75 1.7L project (Nepal Orange) that has been sitting in Central Calif since 2002. Overall, it does appear to be in decent shape for a car this old. It will require a complete restoration and my plans are turn to turn into a nice driver. I just started to disassemble the car and I am finding some rust but a vast majority of what I finding appears to be just surface rust. Hopefully as I complete the disassembly and engine removal I won't find any nasty surprises. The only accident damage I've found is the front corner of the driver's finder has been replaced. The rest of the car looks extremely straight.

As I removed the front hood, I noticed that both front fenders have cracks in the seam where it meets the cowl. Attached are pictures of the area that I'm concerned about. Are these normal for a 914 or is this a sign of accident damage? Thanks in advance.

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 12:19 PM