Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A few items needing answers, targa, fresh air, tail lights - pics added of top fitment
nditiz1
post Aug 29 2017, 12:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,763
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I am working on the relationship between my new 914 and me. I have come across some items that I could not find the answers to via search. So I thought I would ask the experts for info.

First off I am wondering if my 73 914 started its life with an early targa top and later it was replaced with a late one. I need to post pics of the fitment which I believe is not great. I rarely have the top on, but it is something I need to ensure is correct. I have checked and can say I currently have a late style top. The front has good fitment, but the rear latches do not pull the top down at all. The top is not loose, but looks kinda high in the back. I also have a book that states the factory moved over to the late style targa after my vin number (book says after 473 292 6222). Has anyone seen where adding a late top to a car that came with an early top would have an adverse affect. The doors/windows/rear latch hooks are all late style.

Second question is the fresh air box/wiper. I seem to have a gremlin affecting the #8 fuse. If my fresh air is never not working or wiper blades, if I tap the fuse panel, not the fuses themselves, it seems to fix the problem. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) how do I go about fixing this - JWest fuse panel?? Also, if I turn the car off while the Fresh air is on, it stays on. If power is being fed to the motor via the fuse panel and the fuse on #8 only receives power with the key in the on position, how would it stay running? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) If I flip the wiper stalk while the air box is running and the car is off, this will stop the fresh air motor.

Third question is about tail light housing and lens. I recently purchased some Euro Hella Lenses. I removed the US Hella ones last night only to find the fitment into the housing to be poor. Am I suppose to remove the whole housing to get a good seal all around the lens? I bought new seals from 914rubber but it seems like the lens does not fit well inside the outer grove. I didn't want to force it and possibly break the lens. These should fit better than any aftermarket since they are made by Hella. I'll have to take some pics when I get home. I just figured they would be plug and play with new seals.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 01:39 AM