Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Exhaust leak right drivers side, think heat exchanger
carcus
post Sep 4 2017, 11:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,760
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I have a low RPM popping sound, have not got the car on a lift to check it out. It is a 1976 2.0 and has an ancient Bursch exhaust. While driving at speed sound goes away. I think it is the right side heat exchanger but not sure.

Now, if I wanted to just get all new heat exchangers and exhaust....will the engine have to be dropped for the work?

Also, what would be the best all in one package for new heat exchangers and exhaust. I do not care about OEM or HP as not much to gain but need something that lasts. I saw one of the members was making some custom exhausts. Looks like under a last gen 914 the bumper valence needs to come off to fit.

Right now just hope the right side heat extractor is not bad, or a head bolt to the exhaust. If I can get any suggestions for an easy fix, would be appreciated.

Also, if worse come to worse, any suggestions for an all in one exhaust package would be appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 04:35 PM