Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> wheel bearing rear?
PatrickB
post Sep 10 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,960
Region Association: Canada

Have had a small noise I couldn't find for a long time, wasn't sure if it was a wheel bearing or a bearing in the transmission. Was out to help a cousin in the pits with a Legends car last night, and the noise got a LOT worse on the way home. It's up on jackstands, and I think I've got a bad wheel bearing on the left side. Could have sworn the noise was on the right...

Anyhow, reading through the Haynes manual before I start. Looks like it's a case of pull the wheel, the brakes, and the 1/2 shaft to start. Hub should push out and then the bearing? Am I missing anything? Car is a '74 2 litre. Want to get it back together for an autocross next weekend. Anyone got a bearing number handy? Good bearing shop not too far away that might be quicker than ordering from a dealer or supplier.

Thanks in advance for whatever help/advice I get!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 08:36 PM