Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Thank you, Eric Shea!
era vulgaris
post Oct 1 2017, 05:43 PM
Post #1

J is for Genius

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,629
Region Association: South East States

So this is kind of off topic since I don't own a 914 right now. I'm fixing up a 67 Karmann Ghia at the moment, and I just did a complete brake overhaul - new lines, hoses, calipers and pads up front, cylinders and shoes in the rear, etc etc.
Anyway, I spent a week and 3 large bottles of brake fluid bleeding and bleeding and bleeding, and I could not get better than a mildly spongy pedal (and an increasingly annoyed girlfriend who was pushing the pedal for me!). Basically driving myself insane trying to figure out the issue. I've done similar brake jobs in the past, and didn't have as bad of a problem getting a decent pedal.
I follow PMB on Facebook, and this video happened to show up in my feed a couple days ago:
https://www.facebook.com/PMBPerformance/vid...54987868208193/

Literally in big block letters the answer to my problem just appeared! I took the car out to an empty road and about halfway through the bedin procedure the brake pedal suddenly was there! I'm sure this procedure is common knowledge to some folks, but I hadn't heard of it before.
I figure that Eric doesn't hang out on The Samba so no point in posting there, but he does here, so I just wanted to say thanks man! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Whenever I own a 914 again, I'll be a customer once more! But for now, you have cured my car-related headache (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 12:33 AM