Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Thank you, Eric Shea!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
era vulgaris
So this is kind of off topic since I don't own a 914 right now. I'm fixing up a 67 Karmann Ghia at the moment, and I just did a complete brake overhaul - new lines, hoses, calipers and pads up front, cylinders and shoes in the rear, etc etc.
Anyway, I spent a week and 3 large bottles of brake fluid bleeding and bleeding and bleeding, and I could not get better than a mildly spongy pedal (and an increasingly annoyed girlfriend who was pushing the pedal for me!). Basically driving myself insane trying to figure out the issue. I've done similar brake jobs in the past, and didn't have as bad of a problem getting a decent pedal.
I follow PMB on Facebook, and this video happened to show up in my feed a couple days ago:
https://www.facebook.com/PMBPerformance/vid...54987868208193/

Literally in big block letters the answer to my problem just appeared! I took the car out to an empty road and about halfway through the bedin procedure the brake pedal suddenly was there! I'm sure this procedure is common knowledge to some folks, but I hadn't heard of it before.
I figure that Eric doesn't hang out on The Samba so no point in posting there, but he does here, so I just wanted to say thanks man! beerchug.gif
Whenever I own a 914 again, I'll be a customer once more! But for now, you have cured my car-related headache biggrin.gif
JamesM
Congrats!

smilie_pokal.gifsmilie_pokal.gif

Now go buy a 914!

OK really i just wanted to bump this above that trash talking thread!
rick 918-S
Eric came to the rescue when i was looking for calipers for my 6. Without his passion and the risk he took going into business rebuilding and supplying calipers and brake parts for our old cars i would likely still be looking. Lucky to have him as a vendor here and a friend.
914_7T3
The PO on my '73 installed PMB restored calipers while the car was at Original Customs in Sonoma back in 2012.

All I can say is thanks to all of the member vendors and 914 World Community for helping to keep these awesome little machines on the road. Couldn't do it without them.

icon_bump.gif to the top for PMB and all member vendors!

beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

era vulgaris
QUOTE(JamesM @ Oct 2 2017, 03:14 AM) *

Congrats!

Now go buy a 914!

After I finish and sell this Ghia (probably next spring), I plan to get another teener. I had two 914's in a row, and was looking back at Ghias with rose colored glasses, suckered in by their beauty but forgetting how crappy they drive. Had to get it out of my system!
I miss my old '75 Laguna Blue with the 2270 just about every day sad.gif
theer
Now go buy a 914!

agree.gif
Matty900
QUOTE(JamesM @ Oct 2 2017, 12:14 AM) *

Congrats!

Now go buy a 914!

agree.gif I couldn't be happier with the work and service from PMB
76-914
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Oct 2 2017, 09:53 AM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Oct 2 2017, 03:14 AM) *

Congrats!

Now go buy a 914!

and was looking back at Ghias with rose colored glasses, suckered in by their beauty but forgetting how crappy they drive.

Been there. A beauty whose style defies time. But when you get behind the wheel you realize your just driving a VW with makeup. beerchug.gif
era vulgaris
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 2 2017, 03:42 PM) *

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Oct 2 2017, 09:53 AM) *

and was looking back at Ghias with rose colored glasses, suckered in by their beauty but forgetting how crappy they drive.

Been there. A beauty whose style defies time. But when you get behind the wheel you realize your just driving a VW with makeup. beerchug.gif

Haha, yup pretty much! laugh.gif

ClayPerrine
Guys!

Go easy on the praise for Eric. If you keep it up, his head is gonna get so fat he won't be able to go through the front door of his shop.

poke.gif

Seriously,

I have been working on 914s for more than 30 years now. I can rebuild 914 calipers and they will work fine. But I choose to use PMB because the work done there is outstanding. smilie_pokal.gif

Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.