Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Took the Chalon for a drive today, Went to Marks house
skline
post May 30 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Born to Drive

Group: Members
Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

Mark came over today to visit and we decided to go back to his house for a little while, I decided to test out the Chalon a little further away from home and see how she would do. Aside from the strange noise when I accelerate, it ran perfectly and stayed an even temperature all the way there and back. It makes a very loud and stong grinding noise when I give it gas. Light acceleration isnt bad but when you push it down to go, it grinds and you can feel it up in the pedal cluster. Took Elliot for a ride and he isnt sure what it is either. He says it is coming from the rear. I feel it in the pedals and it sounds like it is coming fromt he front. Since there is nothing it can come from in the front, it must be the rear. Could it be the gears in the tranny trying to come apart? Seperating at the intermediate plate? If it were the clutch, it would do it as soon as I let the clutch out. But it only does in on moderate acceleration. Any ideas? I have the new tranny to install yet, I just have not had a chance to get it to the muffler shop to have them make the muffler removeable. Just thought I would ask here and see if anyone had an idea of what it could be. The more gas I give it, the louder and harder the noise is. It does not go with the RPM's of the engine, more the speed of the car. Does that make sense?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
skline   Took the Chalon for a drive today   May 30 2005, 07:51 PM
mihai914   CV joints maybe, giving gas does put them under mo...   May 30 2005, 07:56 PM
Tom Perso   CV's or diff... That's all I can come up w...   May 30 2005, 07:57 PM
Lawrence   Hello, my friend... I'm just happy to hear tha...   May 30 2005, 08:02 PM
Aaron Cox   so ya got the fool pump sorted eh?   May 30 2005, 08:03 PM
Headrage   http://www.914world.com/bbs...   May 30 2005, 08:11 PM
bondo   Didn't you fix your clutch/flywheel interferen...   May 30 2005, 08:14 PM
skline   Well, I have ruled out the clutch. The CV's ho...   May 30 2005, 08:28 PM
914GT   Scott, Could there be something going on with the...   May 30 2005, 08:33 PM
skline   Guy, I did think of that too. I got underneath the...   May 30 2005, 08:38 PM
rick 918-S   What kind of mounts do you have? The torque could ...   May 30 2005, 08:47 PM
Aaron Cox     May 30 2005, 09:05 PM
skline   What is the best way to test the CV joints? Is the...   May 30 2005, 11:22 PM
Elliot Cannon  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 05:02 PM