Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Radio - Vintage or Retro?
Radio Prefernce for MP3/Bluetooth
What's your preference?
Vintage Blaupunkt or Becker with DIN inputs and streaming module [ 23 ] ** [71.88%]
Modern MP3/Bluetooth Radio with Retro styling [ 7 ] ** [21.88%]
Modern radio - modern style [ 2 ] ** [6.25%]
Total Votes: 32
Guests cannot vote 
bbrock
post Feb 25 2018, 08:33 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I've been dreaming of a time in the future when my stock through and through car might actually be on the road again and thinking about radios. I'll definitely want one with Bluetooth capabilities for streaming and hands free phone. It's nice that we have interesting choices with either a period correct Blaupunkt or Becker with DIN inputs for adding a Bluetooth module, or modern Bluetooth ready radios with retro Blaupunkt or Becker styling. I've been following ebay prices for Blaupunkt Frankfurt stereos and it looks like the cost of vintage vs. retro options are about the same. The biggest plus for retro seems to be a digital display to show what's playing etc which is nice, and probably a better tuner. Advantage of vintage, of course, is that it's the real deal. I thought it might be fun to see what other's experiences have been or what they would prefer.

Oh, I know someone will say it, so yes, a nice six behind the firewall sounds cool, but it's not a radio. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 06:44 AM