Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Too Close for Comfort, or. I'm a lucky SOB
76-914
post Mar 3 2018, 10:26 AM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

So late Tuesday afternoon I decided to reset the timer on the driveway lights. It is located on the wall above the garage door track with the yellow face. See it? I stood on the wheel rim that is the base of the grinder pedestal. My black car is adjacent to that. Because I was a little off balance I grabbed the top of the cabinet. In the next second I was pinned between the car and the cabinet. The cabinet had done a half gainer and was upside down with the door facing away from me. I had somehow caught that bastard on the way down with my left arm. In my right arm was the 5 gallon bucket full of scrap wood pieces. It had previously been perched on top of this cabinet. One second I was adjusting the timer and in the next I was holding both of these items wondering how in the Hell I could get these to the ground without damaging the car or myself. What a fucking dilemma! I could not hold both of these items if you placed them in my arms yet here I was with both. I let the bucket slip down until I could feel the handle then slowly lowered it to the floor keeping a tight grip on the cabinet in my other arm. Once I had the bucket on the ground I was able to grab the cabinet with both hands and survey what had just transpired. The car hadn't a scratch and I but 3. Blood was streaming down my face and I was elated the car escaped w/o a dent or scratch. You think someone was watching over me? I damned sure do. The cabinet and it's items weighed in at 46 lb's. The bucket and it's contents, a paltry 15lb's. Both were on top of me in a second and landed in my arms? I think this proves beyond a shadow of doubt that God does indeed favor Porche's. Here a couple of pic's so you get an idea. Thx Lord, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

Aftermath:

Attached Image

The contents:

Attached Image

Re-installed and screwed to wood not sheetrock (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

Attached Image

My butt was pinned against the fender and back against the pillar. You can see the dust and white paint chips laying on either side where my butt wasn't. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 09:18 AM