Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> BLIP-DAK....PLUNK, ...what was that?
CptTripps
post Jun 8 2005, 08:55 PM
Post #1

:: Punch and Pie ::

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,342
Region Association: Upper MidWest

So I'm taking my wife out for the dirst 'long drive' since I put her back together. I'd just finished saying that I'd put 1,600mi on her without any problems, and not 20min later, I feel this strange vibration in the driver-front wheel.

While doing about 70 on the freeway...BLIP-DAK....PLUNK.....rattle rattle...brakes feel funny.

Lucally, our exit was next. I got off and pulled over at the first parking lot.

O started feeling around...nothing. I thought it was one of the o-clamps from the master cylendar brace. Nope...it's there and fine. (Again, great product Travis!)

I feel all the lines...all tight. I was about to say "O-Well, I'll get it later" when I thought to feel the calipers. WHOOPS! Driver-Front Caliper lost the bottom bolt!

Angie was about to freak out, and I went into my 'emergency' bag and pulled out a spare, and a 19mm wrench. 2min later, I had BOTH calipers tight (other was a LITTLE loose) and both brakes re-blead (thanks to the speed-bleeders) and we're on our way to see her favorite singer at a bar in Akron.

Aint it great when you can fix one of these things on your own, and get rollin in 2-shakes?

I just thought I'd share that...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
CptTripps   BLIP-DAK....PLUNK   Jun 8 2005, 08:55 PM
skline   Good jub Doug, you do the Club proud. ...   Jun 8 2005, 09:17 PM
CptTripps   ...   Jun 8 2005, 11:11 PM
ArtechnikA   ...   Jun 9 2005, 05:53 AM
CptTripps   Rick: That's funny...she got a kick out of tha...   Jun 9 2005, 07:19 AM
tdgray   Doug, Get some lock-tite. Should solve the proble...   Jun 9 2005, 07:29 AM
CptTripps   Yeah, I've got some, but I don't want to h...   Jun 9 2005, 07:37 AM
ArtechnikA   ...   Jun 9 2005, 07:38 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 04:46 AM