Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> EJ20 Build Cost?
LanceW3544
post Aug 5 2018, 08:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,337
Region Association: None

Good afternoon!

First of all let me start off by saying thanks for all your help. Over the past decade I have been on several different car forums and this has been by far the most supportive and accepting group. Thank you.

I come from the honda wordl where we are rarely putting in engines from different makes. I grew up on Porsches watching my dad road race in his 912. This is my first porsche and I am stoked to start this project. I am a boost adtict and I am quite confindent that the ej20 it the motor I want to move forward with. I have spent the past 2 weeks searching different builds. I think the hardest choice is detirmining weather I want to use the stock trans or use the subi trans. I am hoping you all could help me sort what options I have in regards to conversion kits kennedy, renegade, ect. Vs. conversion craddles that allow for the subi 5MT. I will most likely purchase a donor car or complete engine/trans/wiring harness ect. So let take the cost of the motor out.

Coversion Kit / with stock trans
Renegade has their kit priced at 2000
What is the cost of Kennedy Perfomace Kit?
Used conversion Kits- Are they round and what do they go for?

Conversion with subi 5MT
FWD conversion 100-200
Internal Dif delete -75
Craddle Options?
Is cold water sill in business
Does anyone else make a custom craddle for this swap?
Axle Options and Cost?
Shifting options and linkage?

Thanks in advance. My gut is tellingme to do the full 5MT swap in the process but all the custom craddle fabrication intimidates.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 03:02 PM