Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Overdue intro
3stewarts
post Aug 5 2018, 12:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,322
Region Association: None

I have been somewhat a lurker on this sight for years. I’ve bought parts, sold cars and gathered a great deal of knowledge and understanding from the members here!

Been a fan of Porsche since I was a teenager, owned my 1st, a 356 at age 17.
My 1st 914 came at age 20 ( been a few years ago ).

Fixed a few and crushed a couple over the years.

Anyway, my latest project has been given some interest so I wanted to post a few pictures so some could see what I’ve been doing for the past 3 years.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

1974 914 2.0 I towed it out of a garage over 3 years ago from an enthusiast that always wanted to bring it back to life. As we all know other commitments get in the way so thankfully he passed it on to me. After some rust repair to the longs and jack points and trunk floor and other small patches along the way, it is starting to take shape. I rebuilt the matching number engine and installed a previously rebuilt trans. The seats were covered in a fabric that was given to me by a friend and while the purists won’t like it, I do!
I have many photos of the work done along the way and when I have time I’ll add em here or start “ another build “ thread

Apologies for the cell phone photos but the car is blocked in the shop by another project so I couldn’t get out for a quality photo shoot.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 03:21 AM