Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mind blown, Met a neighbor
Porschef
post Sep 29 2018, 03:43 PM
Post #1

How you doin'

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,152
Region Association: North East States

Who has been living two houses away for as long as my wife and I have been living in our home, which is almost 20 years. I was driving back from test driving the car and he was outside doing some yard work. I’ve chatted with him before but never knew his full story; that he was the head shop mechanic at a Porsche dealer on Long Island many many years ago, he told me tales about how he used to have to break in the six cylinder cars back in the day and did so by taking them down the Wantagh parkway to the Ocean Parkway, and back up the Meadowbrook. Then they would fine tune the cars and send them off to the customers. He mentioned to me that my car doesn’t sound exactly right, which I know, there’s something that’s just off a little bit, but he offered to have a look at it in the not too distant future, he apparently knows both L and D jet systems, as well as carbed cars. To say that I’m a little flabbergasted is an understatement...

Poor guy has been dealing with his wife’s dementia for years, hence why I’d rarely see him... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 09:40 PM