Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Type 4 Store LE-200 Heads, Anyone Used These
Mblizzard
post Oct 9 2018, 03:21 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,438
Region Association: South East States

The write up sounds awesome but so is the price. Anyone have experience with these? I am building essentially a 2549. I have some good big valve heads that are ported, 44 intake valves 36 exhaust valves, dual springs, and chromoly retainers but may not flow as well as these. Not looking to build the beast of all engines but I am in so deep it is hard to stop. But $3,700 for heads is steep. Likely not as good but AA has similar heads for just over $2K. I think my current heads may leave some flow on the table but is really hard to justify the money unless someone else has an experience that makes this a requirement.

LE-200
Castings: AMC
Chambers: CNC machined 2.0 914
Chamber Step: 95.0 x 1.0mm *
Plug angle: 2.0 914
Plug size: M12
Valve sizes: 44mm x 38mm by Manley
Springs: Premium dual Crower set for 160lbs seat pressure & 330lbs at .520” valve lift.
Retainers: Crower Chromoly
Keepers: Hardened and ground for clearance
Intake Ports: Fully CNC machined with hand finished details.
Exhaust Ports: Fully CNC machined with hand finishing.
Introduced in 2004, the LE-200’s have become the benchmark for superior high-end performance Type 4 engines. So named because they represent the Leading Edge of technology and the intake ports flowed 200CFM @ .500” valve lift, a value they exceeded by the 2nd version. The exhaust ports average flow is 75-77% of the average intake port flow.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 05:51 PM