Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> First 914... Possibly
kevlarian
post Dec 22 2018, 01:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,742
Region Association: Southern California

So I have a 1958 VW Beetle Euro Edition. It has Semaphores. A 1835 motor that I just had built with less than 700 miles. It's an amazing car and still... Always... A work in progress.

Last week, a 914 caught my eye. The owner is interested in a potential trade. I've always wanted a 914 but I don't know a lot about them.

This one is a 74 914 with a 2.0 4-cyl and dual Weber's, rebuilt a few years ago. The transmission was rebuilt last year and has very few miles. New paint and all rust has been removed. Interior is good not great and overall it's a solid car. No show car, but a great starter.

I don't own cars to park them. My VW gets driving to work and on weekends at least three days a week. I would expect to drive this 914 at least 3 days a week.

Are these good dailies? I don't expect them to be as easy to work on as a Type 1 motor but I do want a car that I can still do most maintenance at home with my normal tools.

Should I consider this trade? Any thing that I should see and run away from? Thoughts?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 02:25 PM