Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Source for Window Guide peice, and other window questions
phillstek
post Apr 9 2019, 04:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,741
Region Association: None

Finally decided to fix the window winding and alignment issues properly and have a couple of questions.

I’m using the factory workshop manual and have removed the lift mechanism (early version) and repaired the broken outer guide tube, reinstalled it and it’s working well.

I’ve got the window going up and down smoothly but I’m not sure of a couple of things relating to the guide channels at the front/rear of the door.

Does the rear channel require a Bailey channel (fuzzy) inside it to stop window rattling or is there a guide peice for the bottom edge of the window that keeps it all aligned? If it needs a guide peice, are these available?

Do I have to use a fillister head screw for the channel lower mount or can I just use a hex head bolt? The door has never had the rear channel installed since I’ve owned the car and probably contributed to the failure of the winder mech so I want to do it right.

The window front guide channel uses an adjusting screw and I’m not sure how that all goes together.

Would very much appreciate if someone here could post a pic so I can assemble it correctly and make the adjustments.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 01:33 AM