Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Front end, What is this
tmc914
post Apr 23 2019, 05:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,452
Region Association: North East States

Here is a picture from under the car at front axle. This started out simple enough, troubleshooting brake pressure switch. The switch is fine and have to look elsewhere for why the indicator light is on. I suspect the issue is at the indicator lamp in dash cluster suspect it has ground hooked onto it that it shouldn't. I'll figure that part out later. Now I am waiting on rubber parts. As you can see in the picture the boot for the switch is destroyed and needs to be replaced.
My question is: what is that plate in the middle (of the picture) with 2 bolts holding it on where the white ty-wrap is? It looks like one bolt may be a bit loose and leaking a bit? Is it some sort of inspection plate? Should I remove it and take a look inside? Also does everything else look normal? Looks like the fuel pump and filter are fairly new. If all is good I plan on putting my new rubber pieces on and close that area up.
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 05:36 PM