Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel injector mystery and manual recommendations
Robson51
post Dec 29 2019, 09:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,654
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

In the process of running down one thing after another, took the ‘74 2.0 out for a drive. Had a miss, so pulled the plugs. This car has spent a lot of the last 9 years sitting, so gas tank has been cleaned and fuel lines changed.

#2 showed where a plug wire was barely attached which was quickly fixed, but the #3 plug was white. I mean really white. Like zero fuel lean.

After looking at the connection to the injector, I saw the boot was ripped and the connection was pretty dirty, so I took i apart and sprayed electrical cleaner in it

Drove it a couple miles, still had a miss, but when I pulled the #3 plug now it was black. Did I wake something up?

Pulling the engine soon to fix oil leaks, so is it worth it to pull all the injectors and get them rebuilt? I have no idea what’s going on here.

On another note, what’s the best manual for a 914 2.0?

TIA

Rob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 07:34 AM