Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> WOOHOO! I got me a new job!, No more Asia trips....
nine14cats
post Jul 4 2005, 11:19 AM
Post #1

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

As a few of you know, I have been living 3 out of every 8 weeks in Asia for the past 5 years. The business I manage (Light Emitting Diodes) LED's has been growing 50% year on year over that time. It represents 1/3 of my companies revenue.

My buddy and I did the Sales, Marketing, and Technical design support. He was living there and I was there 40%. After all the growth, the company still didn't want to add resouces, so I started looking.

My new job will be primarily North America Marketing and Business Development for a rival LED supplier of my current company. I'll still travel, but it's out on Monday, back by Friday once a month. No more giving up 2 to 3 weekends or midnite calls to Hong Kong or Taiwan.

I am extremely happy. It sure is a great July 4th!......

My new boss called me today. He said he didn't want to wait to next week to offer me the job.....I like this guy... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)

I'm sure glad he called. I was scheduled to be on the road 5 out of the next 8 weeks.....but now I'm staying home!!!!!

Bill P.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
nine14cats   WOOHOO! I got me a new job!   Jul 4 2005, 11:19 AM
skline   Congrats Bill, sounds like it worked out perfectly...   Jul 4 2005, 11:23 AM
neo914-6   Congratulations Bill http://...   Jul 4 2005, 11:28 AM
!   Cool stuff dude.....travel is fun....for a the fir...   Jul 4 2005, 11:41 AM
J P Stein   Yeah, good deal. Now maybe we won't have these...   Jul 4 2005, 12:46 PM
nine14cats   Hi Mike, You're looking for something that wi...   Jul 4 2005, 01:08 PM
nine14cats   Hi JP, Yep...hopefully no more gaps in postings f...   Jul 4 2005, 01:11 PM
trekkor   Great news Bill. Will you be able to stay where yo...   Jul 4 2005, 01:27 PM
!  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 12:31 AM