Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Very high idle, High idle
sbruzek
post Feb 5 2020, 03:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,024
Region Association: Upper MidWest

My 1973 2.0 has a very, very high idle. 30000, even higher to 50000, if you disconnect vacuum hose at aux air looking for a leak, or stuck. Only thing that lowers idles down a little, to 25000 or so, is disconnecting vacuum line to the pressure sensor. Pulling off any vacuum lines and plugging them don’t lower the idle any.

This started after I replaced one leaking fuel injector. I did put on new seals with the new and old injector on that side. All the vacuum lines are new and vacuum is very good and strong on all vacuum lines. Pressure sensor holds a vacuum fine.

Any suggestions?

I did set timing to red mark per manual as I noticed distributor moved a bit when working. It was a bit loose so I set timing and tighten distributor down good. But had to set timing at 25000 rpm as I could not get it any lower at correct timing marks.
I do have an oil leak at the oil cooler seals that is getting worse. Is that a vacuum leak?
Starts up great and runs good just have a crazy high idle.

Steve B
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 08:21 AM