Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> air tubes (hoses ?) and heaterblower on a 1974 2.0
dax1969
post Feb 21 2020, 03:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,103
Region Association: None

Hi guys,

I tried the search function but for some reason it doesn't work. If below was posted before then sorry, can't find it.

My 74 is currently crossing the ocean but I am already ordering some parts.
When previous owner had the engine out and cleaned up the enginebay he did not re-install the heater box. The part comes with the car and it is my intention to put it back in place.
I am looking online for the airhoses (no idea what the proper name is) and I see all kind of materials... fm silicone over aluminium... Also I sometimes see 1 hose/tube and sometimes 2 ...

Questions :
* what is the best hose to use on a 1974 2.0. Certain partnr or just buy some hoses and cut them to length ?
* is there one or are there 2 hoses ?
* if 2, is the passengerside hose just routed over the engine ?
* any pics available of a stock 1974 2.0 enginebay ?

remark : I saw even people installing an additional heaterblower on the passengerside squeezed between the battery and the ECU

I am talking about this hose/tube

Attached Image

But I also see this

Attached Image

I know that a lot of Cali/desert/Florida guys just have no heat at all ... lucky bast*rds (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Thks for your help

Dax

note : pictures posted are fm the "originality" section

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 05:16 AM