Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> adventures in suspension, Part III (last chapter!), dialing it in
914 RZ-1
post Apr 11 2020, 07:31 PM
Post #1

Porsche Padawan

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,230
Region Association: Southern California

I got all 4 corners done. I have a few questions I'd like some advice/input on. Answer some, all or just one, whatever you know. I numbered them to make it easy:

1. The fronts were a little off; I needed to lower one side. I noticed that when I did, the other side also lowered just a little. Is this normal? I got them the same height pre-test drive.

2. The backs are different by 19mm. What should I check for?
The lower spring retainers are on the same ring on the shock, so that's not it.

3. I bounced all 4 corners to settle them. Then took the car for a test drive. Nothing fancy, just a drive around the neighborhood. I turned the wheel back and forth, like I was slaloming. Anything else I should do?

4. Is there a way to tell if this is done "correctly"? Should the car be level? Where should I put a level to check?

5. What else should I check? It drove fine on the test drive. I didn't really go over any bumps, but when I pulled into the driveway I did not detect any bump steer.

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 10:09 AM