Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine/Suspension/Brake Selection for Restoration
Marks356
post May 8 2020, 01:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,205
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hi all,

I'm dusting off a car I've been sitting on for a while. Actually been in the family, sitting, for 44 years. It's a '72 1.7 liter with the appearance group (Willow Green with a brown leatherette interior) that came off the road in '76 due to an engine fire.

This will be my first restoration. I'd like to go with a 70's 911 motor/transmission. Past that, I'm not sure what to do with brakes, suspension, chassis stiffening.

I'm hoping to find out what the "hot" setup is these days that most guys are going with.

Just for reference, the car is in decent shape, never been hit. Interior is perfect (I want to leave it like it is), but the body is in serious need of paint and there are no some quarter sized rust holes in a couple of spots from its age. Doors open and close fine.

I don't want to get too radical with changes; I'd like to keep it all 70's Porsche stuff that goes into it. Also, I'm thinking of doing the steel GT fender flares with something like 7" & 9" Fuchs.

One last thing. I should share what I intend to do with the car when it's done... road/autocross/drivers-ed at Road America. Maybe show it at events where there's no serious judging. It's not going to be a race car and it's not going to be a national PCA concourse candidate.

Thanks,
Mark
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 03:08 AM