Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Greater San Diego Area 914 Group, Is anyone interested in forming a group?
fadler1
post Jul 8 2005, 10:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,278

OK, I have had THIS 914 for a few years but I have owned Porsches since 1976.

One thing that seems obvious to me is that 914's and their owners break down into a couple of groups with different focuses. Some folks have them for nostalgia or an interest in "old" cars that were innovative (type 1) and other folks are purely into making the fastest roller skate in town for racing legally or illegally (type 2). I am appealing to group number one since PCA seems to take care of most of group number two.

I like mine and appreciate it as a great "old" car. I restored the one I have and drive it to feel good. I restored an MG after the 914 since I had one of those when I was kid also and found that the local (San Diego) MG club had a bunch of nice people to talk to and to drive on short runs with just to keep the carbon out . What is missing in 914's in San Diego is a local organization of the type 1 people who want to take for example the AAA "backroads San Diego" book and drive weekend 30-60 mile caravans to a restaurant en route and just talk and exchange "knowledge" on keeping these things running.

IS THERE ANYONE INTERESTED, if I start to make that move for "San Diego Region" 914 club? With the MG's, the group actually met at a Boll Weevil once a month and had a small newsletter and website. If there are a few people interested, I can email some of the "day trip" maps for San Diego and we can discuss a short drive and lunch on a weekend and maybe getting organized.

Anyone interested? I don't want to drive over to Arizona to do a Route 66 with that group. Frankly, the 914 isn't the most comfortable thing to drive long HOT distances and believe me in the '70's when you had a chance of a local repairing your breakdown it was still tough driving from Chicago (where I had my first one) to Dallas.

I am interested in afternoon runs and some socialization with people who don't own the "snob" Porsches but those who like having the VolksPorsche.

Let me know.

Fred Adler
San Diego
fadler@genbio.com (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 09:56 PM