Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oil Temp Gauge, Needed Parts
ballsyfacts914
post Jul 18 2020, 05:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,413
Region Association: Northern California

Hi All,

Hope all are staying safe in these trying times. Glad I have a 914 to play with!

I have recently realized that the oil temp gauge in the cockpit is not only likely the wrong type but I do not seem to have the sender/sensor from the taco plate. It is a VDO gauge but it isn't like the ones I have seen described or pictured here. Namely, the gauge has no red zone. I should also mention the temp gauge is an after market add as it is hanging from the center of the console.

As I mentioned, after having a look at the taco plate, there does not seem to be a sender/sensor or at least nothing that looks like what it should.

I want to know that the 914 isn't running hot so I need to replace/add so that I get a temp reading in the cockpit. At this point I assume I need a new gauge, sender/sensor, and plate that holds the sender/sensor to accomplish.

What I am having trouble with is finding the right combo of parts. I understand that the gauge will dictate which sender/sensor I need. As I am still familiarizing myself with parts and gaining confidence when I buy parts, I want to ask what gauge and sender/sensor combo do I get. Also, where can I find these parts as Pelican seems to be limited with regard to the gauge.

Thanks in advance!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 10:17 AM