Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel Pump Q, Whats the fix or work around
Robarabian
post Jul 19 2020, 04:42 PM
Post #1

914 A Roo

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,865
Region Association: Southern California

The car is a 1971 that I just purchased from the original owner. Sat for several years, father / son project. We have gone through the systems; cleaned the gas tank; blown out the fuel lines; changed the tank lines and several others that were suspect.

After going through pre-start up procedures, we connected everything up with fresh fuel. The car started pretty quickly but I noticed fuel started leaking at the pump.

My inspection revealed fuel is sealed around the pump fittings, but fuel is leaking from the pump itself, in the area of the electric connector.

New pumps seem to be 400 bucks for a "3 port" item. Is there a work around with a less expensive pump, ie., a single port?

Thank you for the knowledge here in this community, I could not have learned all I have without reading all the wisdom.

Photo of the car attached...hopefully. Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 08:20 PM