Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Qs about fuel line replacemen in my '70, and potential PO shenanigans
messick
post Jul 21 2020, 03:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,381
Region Association: Southern California

I'm replacing my fuel lines since my car not only sat for 15 years, the tunnel lines were still plastic. However, after pulling them out, I'm not sure they are original, although they are definitely not metal.

Behold:

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i.imgur.com-24381-1595366097.1.jpg)

Everything I've read says the first third of the tunnel lines, coming from the tank, should be metal. These are definitely not like that, since the end I'm holding would be the metal part. Have these been replaced? It doesn't matter either way, since they are now in the trash, and some SS from Chris at Tangerine Racing are showing up today, but it would bee interesting to know. Although, I could not find the tunnel tabs people mention, is it possible these are "new" lines that bypass those tabs?

Also, every picture (but one I found on the bird site) I've found of the front trunk side of the lines shows a single rubber grommet with two holes for the two lines, on the tank side. I definitely do that not have that:

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i.imgur.com-24381-1595366097.2.jpg)

Someone on the bird site had the two holes, and someone (guessed?) the engine tin grommets would fit here. Is that the official part? I ordered extra firewall grommets from Chris in case those fit, but I'd like to get the correct part if possible.

One definite shenanigan not pictured: The engine compartment end of the 3/8" supply line was cut so it tapered to a point after ~4inches, just so it could be shoved into the a 5/16" line that would fit the fuel filter the PO happened to have on hand. Buying a new filter with 3/8" on each end was a bridge too far I guess.

Anyway, anyone know what grommets I should get for the gas tank side?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 11:11 PM