Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1976 Fog Light Wiring, Any help appreciated
toadman
post Jul 25 2020, 07:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,316

I would like to get the fog lights working on my 1976 914 and would appreciate any help from the community. Car had AC but that was removed before I got it. All other lights work fine and car runs well.

This is probably a simple job for most people but I struggle with wiring diagrams and I am color blind to a degree.

Anyway, I have two rectangular fog lights in my bumper. The two wires for each fog light, one solid blue and one black/blue stripe, enter the luggage compartment through the front bulkhead. These are only a few inches long and not connected to anything. Which is power and which is ground?

Next, the wiring harness has several unconnected wires. I am sure some of them went to the AC components (now gone) and this is where things get confusing. I have two single brown wires, one single white/yellow stripe wire, one dual white/yellow wire, one dual brown wire and one dual black/red stripe wire. Pic of the front left portion of the luggage compartment is attached.

If I am reading the wiring diagram in my Haynes manual correctly, each of the single brown wires is "hot" and these are the ones I should use to power the lights. Is that right?

Where do the ground wires from each light go? The Haynes manual says these are white/yellow wires. Should they ground to the body? Should they be connected to one another and then to the single white/yellow or to the dual white/yellow connector on the wire bundle?

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you!Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 05:05 PM