Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Combo/Temp Gauge Lighting Configuration, Using "Blank" Indicator?
FlacaProductions
post Jul 30 2020, 10:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,628
Region Association: Southern California

I have a combo gauge with integrated temp gauge (914 641 101 50) and I'd like to use the blank indicator lens position. Has anyone done or had this done?

My "additional/unused" indicator position already has a red lens in it which is held there by a piece of solid black tape. It appears OEM and I have seen others that look the same.

At first glance, you could just remove the reflector, (snip it out or bend it out of the way?), remove the tape and glue the lens in, fit a boot, insert an applicable lamp/lamp holder in the existing hole and be done...but that would then eliminate the gauge overall illumination. That's no good.

My next thought is to get an additional "boot" like the other indicators, cut it down so that it fits under the reflector, insert a small LED (secure it with silicone?) and route the wires through an existing screw hole (leave that screw out and fill it with silicone, etc) or drill an additional small hole. This would illuminate the lens (which is already red in my unit) but retain overall gauge illumination.

Thoughts?

Where can I get a couple of the rubber "boots"? It would involve some trial and error knowing me....

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 05:10 AM